- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 3 cups water
- 1 6-ounce can tomato paste
- 1 8-ounce can of pinto beans
- 1 8-ounce can stewed tomatoes
- 1 medium onion
- 1 celery stalk
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of each cumin powder, garlic powder, onion powder
- 3-4 tablespoons chili powder
Dice onion and celery.
Chopped stewed tomatoes. Reserve liquid.
Heat oil over medium heat, saute veggies cook for 3-5 minutes.
Add in meat and 1 tablespoon of chili powder, cook until brown.
Once meat is brown add stewed tomatoes, tomato paste, beans, stock, and seasonings.
Stir together, cover, and cook for 1 hour on low heat. Stir occasionally.
Be sure to taste as you add chili seasoning. Some chili seasoning contain salt fillers and your chili may taste salty.