Shrimp and GritsPrint Recipe
- 1 pound of shrimp (peeled, tails on)
- 1 cup of quick grits
- 2 cups of water
- 1 ½ cup of milk
- 2 tablespoon of cream
- 1cup white cheddar cheese (shredded)
- 4 tablespoon of butter (divided)
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon of Old Bay seasoning
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 tablespoon of green onion for garnish **optional**
Over medium heat bring water to a boil. Add salt & whisk in grits. Let cook for 5 minutes.
Mix in butter, milk, and cheese. Cover and cook on low heat for 25mins-30mins. Whisk occasionally.
Cover shrimp in old bay seasoning. Add a dash of salt and pepper set aside.
In large skillet melt remaining butter and saute garlic for 5 minutes then add cream cook for additional 5mins.
Add shrimp cook 6 minutes or until pink